Future City Resources
An Hour of Code!!! Coming December 8-14!
Welcome to the World of Computer Programming
- Sign up at khanacademy.org (or log in with their existing accounts)
- There, in the "Add a coach" field, enter the class codeAW25VN
Save the Monarchs!
You and a partner will be creating a call for action plan to create a butterfly /native species garden on our school property.
The first step in this assignment is to read the letter from Dr. Karen Oberhauser from the University of Missouri.
Research the Monarch Waystation Program and how to create a butterfly garden with native species in Kentucky using the links below. Answer the questions below:
1. What is the migratory pattern of the monarch butterfly? Where, when and why?
2. What is the significance of milkweeds to Monarch Butterflies?
3. Name and explain 3 reasons they are in decline.
4. What can the average person do to help with this decline?
Click on the link below to see the outline for your projects.
Look at the list of pollinating plants on the link below and then go through the seeds packets to sort out which ones we should start planting.
Create a detailed sketch/map of the area using an enlarged sheet of paper and some meter sticks. Go out to the area and sketch the area using your measurements.