10/1 & 10/2
No GQ.......start gathering your handouts out of your 3 ring binder. Look at the table of contents on the board. You will submit a portfolio of your chemistry unit at the end of the block. Unit Test Today!!!! 1st half of class we will have a review.
9/27 & 9/28
9/26 Wacky Wednesday
Guiding Questions Page 22
1. Take a moment to think about the activities that we have done for the Carbon Cycle. The CO2 graph packet, the carbon cycle diagram and your online quiz yesterday. Do you think that Carbon Dioxide will effect your climate in the next decade? Yes or No and then explain your answer. Back this answer up with evidence.
9/25 Trippin Tuesday
Guiding Questions Page 20
1. Get our your device (if you have one) and go to www.zerofootprintkids.com to take their online quiz that will calculate your carbon footprint. This quiz will ask you a series of questions, pay attention to the types of questions it is asking and how you can lessen your carbon footprint. Write down your total number of Carbon Earths that you will need and your footprint score.
2. If you do not have a device get out your carbon cycel diagram to finish it up. This will be due at the end of the period.
9/19 & 9/20
No GQ........ Collect your plant data. Get out your CO2 graph packets and continue your graphs and answering your questions in your packet.
9/16 & 9/17
Guiding Questions Page 16
1. Although burning leaves reduces the volume of the leaves, explain why the mass has not changed.
2. Is the Earth a closed or an open system? Explain.
2. What is a greenhouse gas?
9/13 & 9/14
Guiding Questions Page 16
1. If the Law of Conservation of Mass states that matter can neither be created nor destroyed, then in a paragraph tell me how our plants are growing.
2. Collect your data on your plants.
3. Assess yourself on our quiz.... how well did you think you did? What did you struggle with and why?
9/12 Wacky Wednesday
9/10 & 9/11
Guiding Questions Page P5
1. Think back to when you were making your Superballs. List at least 3 observations that you made that lead you to believe there was a chemical reaction taking place.
2. By looking at the pictures above, what can you infer about the Law of Conservation of Mass?
9/6 & 9/7
Guiding Questions: Page P3
1. Using the lewis dot structure draw what it looks like for Carbon Dioxide to form, CO2 (one carbon atom and 2 oxygen).
2. Make a list of notes from the article that you read on photosynthesis that you thought was important.
Author: L. McKinney
Imagination is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring!!!!
- Force & Motion
- Natural Selection & Adapations
- History of the Earth
- Environmental Science
- Climate Change
- Watershed Ecology
- Weather & Climate
- Structure, Function & Info Processing
- Unity and Diversity
- Giants of Science Biographies
- Green Avengers
- Teacher Resources
- Engineering Design